Wednesday, January 9, 2008

iDead

iDead Campaign



Here is a new campaign raising the awareness to the danger of listening to music on your iPod or MP3 player while crossing the road. The number of fatalities is increasing at an alarming rate, so the New South Wales police department came up with this creative campaign to educate the public.

I think it is a very important issue. A small error in judgment from you or from a reckless driver can lead to permanent disability or death. I personally listen to my iPod shuffle frequently while walking and commuting. I usually decrease the volume while crossing the road so that I can hear the cars as well as see them, however from now on I will try to pause it all together. I can live with iBored not iDead...

Also, if you are driving, don't get too distracted by your phone (sending SMS while driving!!) or other gadgets. Be safe and let others be safe.

No comments: