Thursday, September 4, 2008

Malaysia Today : Blocked

I don't like to go much into politics, but the blocking of Malaysia Today,  a political news portal, by the Malaysian government is a step backwards that I didn't think a forward-thinking country like Malaysia would resort to.

I always hated censorship, and as a blogger, I hate it even more now. People should have the right to share their opinions and points of views. I hope the government realizes how badly this action has affected Malaysia's reputation as a free country and amends it soon.

Blocking Freedom of Speech - Malaysia Today Blocked by Malaysian Government (GALLERY)

As Malaysia celebrated its 51st anniversary of independence this past weekend, news has emerged of the government blocking Malaysia Today, a very popular and controversial political news site. Malaysia… [More]

No comments: